It is a common misconception that the best indicator of a senior’s health is physical ability. Unfortunately, this overlooks many basic issues affecting seniors. Below are a few questions to consider when assessing overall health and wellness. Answering “yes” to three or more questions indicates a need to further evaluate a senior’s current living arrangement.
- Have they recently lost a spouse or friend?
- Has their enthusiasm toward social programs declined?
- Do they spend more than 5 hours a day alone?
- Are they able to do all the cleaning and upkeep around their house?
- Are you concerned about their driving?
- Have their eating habits changed?
- Have you noticed a shift in their mood or spirits?
- Do they express concern about changes in their neighborhood?
- Do they eat more than three meals a week alone?
- Has their balance or hand-eye coordination declined?
- Have they lost interest in hobbies or activities they once enjoyed?
- Have they become more dependent on others for transportation?
To speak to a Senior Living Communities expert in your area, please contact Senior Star. A team member will be in touch to discuss the next best steps.